Sunday, June 1, 2014

Look Into My Eyes

Dear family and friends!
 
What a great week this has been!  Ah man its been so crazy and full of first it's insane!
 
Ok so first off, I had sushi for the first time this week...and I've also had sushi for the last time in my life.  It was pretty horrid. I definitely almost barfed over the member's table, but hey, the rice was pretty good!
 
Now to explain the picture. This woman in our ward Dorthy Decorso is some sort of eye person. I don't know what it's called, but anyway, she basically uses this little magnifying glass and can tell, just from your eyes, almost anything about your body. She talks about your heart, kidneys, blood, shoulders, back, and it's pretty creepy but really cool at the same time! Anyway, then she gives you this all natural herbal medicine to take and it'll help you sleep or cure acne or clear out your bowels, and it only tastes foul so no worries! Not sure how I feel about it yet, but we'll see if it actually makes a difference!
 
Also had the opportunity this week to speak in sacrament meeting about my mom. It was only 3-5 minutes and it was the hardest talk of my life! HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO ONLY SPEND 5 MINUTES TALKING ABOUT MY MOM? I definitely didn't do her justice up there on the stand for being so amazing! LOVE YOU MUM!
 
We were asked that morning to give it so I didn't have a chance to really write anything down but I can give you the bullet points I used.
 
-Story about how in District Training this week we talked about why we were out on missions, and I definitely said because of my mother
-I remember waking up on the weekends and listening to her sing church songs and playing the piano.  I would stay upstairs longer just so she wouldn't stop
-She bore her testimony through her music as she sang on Sundays. Sometimes I just would stop to listen as she sang, but then she would gently elbow me to get me to start singing! She sang louder that anyone else in the congregation and I know other people didn't sing just so they could hear her as well!
-Story about when Grandma died, being at the hospital even though mom was scared to let me see grandma in this state, because she wanted me to remember her in her celestial way, when we were in the car up to the office, and mom got the call, and mention the music theory you had (statement about work ethic here)
-I love you mom! I miss you so much, and you've done more to help me in life than anyone else in the world! I use your teachings daily, and I'm so grateful for the person you shaped me into!
 
For all the other mothers out there, I hope you had a wonderful Mothers Day, and that if you have a missionary out there know that they love you more than they know how to put into words!
 
Love ya Heaps!
Elder Gibb
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment