Friday, January 9, 2015

I've Got A Coff

Dear Family and Friends,
 
Well, we have had an interesting development occur within the last week! I have been transferred, and since being on my mission I have discovered that this is one of the most conflicting times of a mission. To start off with you have to say good bye to all these fantastic people that you have met, knowing that there is a very good chance you may never see them again. Then you have to pack... I don't like packing. And so basically you are stressed, depressed, but then you realize you are going to a new area, and so your nervous, but super excited.
 
And then your brain just implodes!
 
I've officially left the Penrith ward and I miss it already.
 
So here I am in my new area, it's only about a 6-7 Hour drive away from where I was before
 
6-7 hours.
Drive.
I'm in the Whoop Whoop.
BUT IT WAS SO WORTH IT! This area is absolutely gorgeous! I'm in the Coffs Harbour Branch with my new companion Elder Williams. We live about a 5 minute walk from that beach. So all day we get a fantastic breeze that comes right though our flat! I haven't had too much of a chance to meet many of the people yet, but they seem fantastic as well! My companion unfortunately is on his death bed at the moment with only one transfer left to go, but he's great as well. 
 
So as for this transfer "She'll be alright mate!"
 
The Zone I'm in is the biggest in the mission by far, but it only has 6 companionships in it. So it's a really tight knit Zone. Usually we only see each other once a month, but this month because of all the Christmas activities we will see each other almost every week, but I can't say I'm looking forward to driving down to Sydney every month for our Mission Leadership Conference meetings.
Love you all!
 
Elder Gibb

No comments:

Post a Comment