Monday, February 24, 2014

Banana Tree!

Dear family and friends,
 
There are banana trees here....... AND I HAVE ONE IN MY BACK YARD!!!!!
I feel like that could be a sufficient weekly letter alone, but I guess I'll write a little bit more for you!
 
Well I'm starting to know the area a bit better, but you get lost a few times on bike in an area with hills and then you start to pay a little more attention to where you're going! I've met a few of the less actives and investigators, and they are some tough cookies. The first thing I've noticed is the Aussies are very blunt. On one had it is helpful because we don't waste our time with people who aren't interested.........on the other hand, they aren't interested.
 
That being said,  we had an amazing miracle this week.  One of the less active families needed some help with service and so we went over there and moved a couple tons of rocks.  Afterwards I was talking to them about being in musicals and stuff because their oldest daughter just finished a play and yada, yada, yada,  Then we asked for a return appointment to come and teach them a lesson, and they said YES and invited us for dinner too! But I didn't realize that this was a miracle until we were driving off and my companion said the family hasn't allowed missionaries in their home since they left the church years back.  The wife has been very anti, he was shocked we got in! I can't wait for our lesson, hopefully it'll work out!
 
Love you all and hope you have a wonderful week!
Elder Gibb(y)
 
P.S. Please enjoy this picture of my companion, Elder Han, making a funny face!
 
 

1 comment: