Sunday, March 2, 2014

Elder and Sister Nelson Visit

Dear Family and Friends!
 
So last time I sent out this email I kind of forgot a somewhat crucial event that had happened during the previous week... We had Elder Nelson come visit our Mission!!!  It was really cool!  He spoke to the North and South Sydney missions (saw Lauren Bretzing if any of you know her), but they kept our missions separate from each other, we couldn't even talk, so it was a little awkward!  However, we did all get to shake his hand and then we heard from him.  Let me tell you those men are very knowledgeable about their scriptures! It was so fun to hear him speak to us, although I think I may have liked his wife's talk better! 
 
Last week was pretty fun, we went on exchanges with the Kellyville 2nd Ward Elders this week and so me and Elder Chin Ay You spent the day together.  Unfortunately his knee has some problems so we weren't able to ride our bikes, and since the other elders had the car, we walked! I have a great appreciation for my bike now! It was an amazing experience though because after several hours of nobody talking to us and doors in our face, the refreshing drizzling rain came along and we ran into a young woman from Ukraine. She just arrived in Australia a few months ago, and wants to learn more about what we believe! Hopefully we're going to see her again this week with a Russian Book of Mormon... because she doesn't really know English that well.... but it's goanna be awesome!
 
Had a fireside this Sunday and William Hopoate spoke (famous footie player who turned down a contract for 1 million dollars so he could go on his mission, so pretty much, he's awesome).  He's a really good speaker, and I don't think I've ever seen so many youth pay such close attention at a fireside... especially the young women! Any who he was really good, and he was super nice and was signing autographs for everyone... but I didn't meet him cause I was putting away chairs, and jump starting a car like a good missionary!
 
I'm starting to get to know the ward a little better because we've been going around and starting to institute family mission plans!  We put a little twist on it though.  We're having our ward families create a "title of liberty" like Captain Moroni in Alma 46.  I'll have to send some pictures next week because they're pretty cool! They have 5 points to them and it's goals the family creates in order to be better member missionaries! Occasionally we have to help them come up with their goals, but thanks to Brother Price I've got them all typed up for me already! (Thank you!)
 
It's fall down here now... that was definitely strange so it's starting to cool off a bit.  The weather is perfect today at about 24 degrees. I don't know what that actually means because it's in Celsius, but I do know it feels about right!
 
Hope all is well wherever you are in the world!
 
Love,
 
Elder Gibb(y)
 
P.S. Does anyone know when bananas are ready to be taken off the tree...

No comments:

Post a Comment