Sunday, August 17, 2014

Moving West


Dear family and friends,

There is a fun Aussie slang that people use a lot around here, and that is hectic.... if I could use one word to describe last week, it would be HECTIC!

On Wednesday we got a call from Elder Han, he told us that he had lost his wallet, so he was no longer able to drive, which is a problem, when his area is in the mountains, and spans over 100Kilometres. So they were looking for an Elder who had a license to drive, wasn't training a new missionary, and didn't have any previous responsibilities, and I fit the bill just right, so I got to go up the Beautiful Blue Mountains for the week!

It was GORGEOUS, and it was also pretty cold. It's about as far Southwest that you can go in our mission, and with the change in elevation, they actually get snow up there quite often! Fortunately Elder Han's wallet was found, so I'm back down here in Penrith today, and it's good to be home!

My favorite part of  last week was going up to a little town called Lithgow. It's about an hour from where we live in Katoomba, and most of the members up there don't come to church to often because it's pretty far away. They were some of the best members I've met though, they were super kind, and they had the best stories about life. The town seemed like it was one of those where everyone knows everyone. Plus a bonus is that after driving for so much up there, I feel a lot more confident on the Left Side of the Road.  It's only kinda scary now!

I'm still getting to know the area, and because of last week it was a bit of a speed bump, but it'll get there. There were a couple miracles that happened last week whilst I was out, and hopefully they will come to full fruition this week and I can tell you all more! (bwahahah I love cliff hangers!)

Hope you all have a good week!

Love you Heaps!

-Elder Gibb

No comments:

Post a Comment