Sunday, August 3, 2014

KANGAROO!!!


 

Jul 28  

Dear family and friends!

Well this week I got transferred! I'm in a brand new area... but with a ton of familiar faces!

The new ward is called Penrith, it's only about an hour or two from the city (about the same as in Kellyville, just with a lot less traffic) It has heaps more Aussies, and I might even get to meet a Bogan (an Aussie hillbilly).

Anyhow, last night was awesome I met the first members and I know I will love it here. There are heaps of people to talk to and I reckon it will be a good transfer! One reason I feel so is because last night I saw my first real life Aussie Kangaroo! AND THERE WERE 3! Ha ha! Unfortunately the night had already fallen so I couldn't get a good picture... but I'm sure I will see some more!

My new companion is Elder Wolfley, and funny story, we were in the same MTC district and even were in the same room! He's from Star Valley Wyoming, and he's pretty legit. Not only that but I'm in the same zone as Elder Han, and Elder Watts, it's like a big old family reunion!  So life is going to be awesome!

Last week in Kellyville was pretty smashing! One of our investigators who has been coming to church for a few weeks is going to be baptized! I know he's in good hands in the ward so I'm not worried about leaving! 


So happy this week and looking forward to the new adventure!

Love you all HEAPS!

Elder Gibb

No comments:

Post a Comment