Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Online Proselyting

Dear family and friends -
 
I LOVED THIS WEEK! I know..... I know..... I say that every week, but don't judge! Well Eleanor is set to be baptized this Sunday by her husband! She has been so fun to teach and she basically learns all the lessons before we come. Then she just bombards us with questions making it so much easier to teach her! Let me tell you, if there is one thing I have loved out here it is finding the answers to questions! For example, a few weeks ago we had a bible basher come up and he gave us a bunch of crap because of the whole Sabbath not being on Saturday thing.  I honestly didn't know why it isn't still at the end of the week. (I know I learned it in seminary at some point, but I also was very good at studying the back of my eyelids as well!) But I found it this week - it's because after the ascension of Christ we kept holy the first day as a remembrance of His resurrection!
 
We have an awesome opportunity out here right now! We are one of thirty missions who are going to be able to start online proselyting, AKA, Facebook, Skype, email, and blogging! Can I friend people back home? Yes. Can I talk to you a ton? No, but this is going to be super cool!  I'm not sure on all the rules and regulations just yet, but I know I will be starting a new account. What happens to my old account though.... unknown.
 
Anyway they just changed our p-day to Tuesday and because of this shift I don't have much time today to write so love you all!
 
Elder Gibb
 
P.S. I got a package from the Wright’s today from the whole ward.   Please express my love for them and let them know it meant the world to me, especially the Book of Mormon that had Sister Pututau's testimony in it. I can't wait to use it to grab an investigator’s attention!

No comments:

Post a Comment